This program comprehensively explores strategic management and leadership theories in the context of a real business environment. Participants will explore the development and delivery of strategic business plans, understanding the change process and the reasons change can fail. This program also covers the importance of leadership in an organisation and building, supporting and motivating teams.
Professional managers who have held managerial positions for two years or more.
- Analysis of leadership in contemporary management theory and practice
- Managing organisational culture
- Strategic management including marketing and human resource
- Creating and maintaining an environment that supports and nurtures high performing teams
- Conceive, develop, and present a business plan
- Creating an organisational development plan and change management strategy
- Formulating strategic objectives and strategies including strategic alliances/joint ventures, outsourcing and contracting out
- Management, behavioural and conflict resolution styles
- Understand the importance of effective leadership behaviours in successful organisations
- Demonstrate behaviours that support the development and maintenance of high performing teams
- Implement change in a logical, structured yet flexible manner
- Create a work environment that encourages openness, creativity and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Use appropriate methods to successfully analyse the external environment and the competitive environment
- Analyse and review organisational capabilities
Relationship to Accredited Training
This course meets the requirements of the following units of Competency:
- BSBINN601B - Manage organisational change
- BSBMGT616A - Develop and implement strategic plans
- BSBMGT605B - Provide leadership across the organisation
Completion of the assessment provides substantial credit towards an Advanced Diploma of Management.