Working in Teams
This program explores the skills required to manage and lead a team to maximise the team's performance and effectiveness. Participants will learn about frontline leadership in a team environment, what motivates a team to succeed and what their role is in bringing success to the team.
All managers working at the frontline of an organisation responsible for leading and driving a team's performance.
- Personal and leadership qualities and the notion of teams
- The importance of alignment of the team to organisation values and strategic objectives
- Team purpose, roles and responsibilities
- Supporting teams to achieve outcomes
- Involving team members in planning and decision making
- Providing feedback to the team
- Addressing issues and concerns within the team
- The importance of role models to a team's development
- Communication within the team and to and from management
- Establish and monitor a team's performance plan
- Develop and facilitate team cohesion
- Influence individuals and teams positively
- Liaise with management and other stakeholders
Relationship to Accredited Training
This course meets the requirements of the following units of Competency:
- BSBWOR402A - Promote team effectiveness
- BSBWOR502B - Ensure team effectiveness
These units can be used be used as Electives towards qualifications within the Business Services Training Package.